Illuminated Letters Sketchbook
Learn how to illuminate your writing like the scribes of the past!
- Bring letters to life with plant and animal motifs, swirling vines and leaves, graceful arabesques and flourishes, fantastical imagery, and more.
- Draw creatures cavorting across the page as Gothic illuminators did, or create the knotwork seen in famous Celtic manuscripts.
- Interactive journal includes step-by-step tutorials, tips for creating striking effects, and blank letterforms you can illuminate yourself make this the perfect modern-day guide to the medieval art of beautiful writing.
- Includes a ribbon bookmark with which to keep your place.
- Sketchbook measures 6.25" wide x 8.25" high.
- 160 pages.
Jane Sullivan is a Medieval-style illuminator and fantasy artist. Her other works include guides to illuminated lettering, calligraphy, and drawing fairies and other fantastical beings.